13 June 2009

I Hate Rock 'n' Roll

Its been a while since I've posted. Thats OK, no readers means no responsiblity.

Often I wonder if it is possible to be truly happy, or if I am destined to always want more as a human being. Perhaps it is simply a negative disposition that keeps me down. I don't believe I have it bad, I'm not struggling to get by or anything, but I concentrate on the negative and I think its at the expense of the positive. Life, to me, is a series of misfortunes intermittently interrupted by positive experiences.

I have some issues with my life right now.
I am disgruntled with my living situation. I live in a house of 5 where I've felt I don't belong for a year and a half. Due to injuries and illness I do a decent amount of housekeeping in a place I don't want to live in. I feel crowded, and I'm ready to get out.
My father is sick, and a lot of times I don't feel like I get the whole story told to me. I feel disrespected.
I'm not where I want to be at this point in my education. I've completed 26 hours at Greenville Tech, and this time last year I never considered attending there. Now, it looks like I'm going to finish up my associate's degree there over the next year - provided I can come up with $1870 to pay for the past semester. If not, I'm screwed. No school, no insurance.
I've been trying to get a job for months, but I can't get anything to work. I think I may have finally found something, making a fairly meager amount of money working in a warehouse. It will still be at least a week from posting until I can even start.
I feel very distant from everyone I know. I have a ton of things on my mind and nobody I feel I can unload them on. Never have. I'm not sure if I know how to get close to people.
The worst part is, I feel like I have no control over this. I don't know if I'll be able to move out, I don't know if I'll be able to pay for school, I don't know if I'll find a job. Whether or not I'm actually in control, I feel helpless and that leads to inaction with me.

The question I have is whether or not I'm justified feeling like something should work out for me, and if I'm justified taking my life's events personally.

No comments: